If you are a regular golfer?
surely, you are looking for the best golf cart batteries for your golf caddy.
There are available batteries in the market, but here are some experts’ guidelines and reviews to help you to choose the best batteries for your golf cart.
There are four categories of battery available in the market. Such-
1) Deep Cycle Batteries;2) Flooded Lead Acid Batteries;3) A.G.M. Lead Acid Batteries; and 4) Gel Lead Acid Batteries.
All these batteries are different in their qualities and service. Before purchasing your cells, you should notice some essential traits of the best golf cart batteries. Such as-
1. Charging Speed:
A consistent power source is a must to move your golf cart. In this regard, Lithium batteries can be the right choice. Lead-acid batteries take about 8 hours to get a full charge.
A golf cart may get slow down because of the voltage dipping of a lead-acid battery.
On the other hand, lithium batteries take less than 3 hours to get a full charge. There is a possibility of sulfating damage in a lead-acid battery eventually which can shorten the life of the cell, but there are no such problems in lithium batteries.
The carrying capacity or weight of a golf cart battery is significant. You can carry all your necessary accessories if the battery is less weight with less effort.
A lithium golf cart battery is half in weight if we compare it with the traditional lead-acid batteries.
Lead-acid and A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mate) batteries may lose voltage output after 70 – 75 percent use of the battery capacity and dramatically impacts on the carrying capacity of your golf cart.
A lithium battery is noticeably longer lasting than an average lead-acid battery. Whereas a lead-acid battery can cycle 500- 1000 times a lithium battery can cycle 2000- 5000 times.
Though lithium battery is a little bit costly than lead-acid and A.G.M. battery but long term service of lithium battery is noteworthy and satisfying.
There is no maintenance cost for a lithium battery, as we find for a lead-acid battery. A lithium battery does not need a reduced energy bill, repairing, and another maintenance bill like lead-acid and A.G.M. battery.
So, lithium batteries are not costly; instead, these batteries are time and money savers.
5. Eco- Friendly:
Lithium batteries are not harmful to our environment. Lithium batteries do not contain any toxic material as lead-acid batteries contain dangerous lead.
Lithium batteries take a short time to get a full charge, thus saving time and energy.
Price is a fundamental matter to buy anything. So you must justify the cost of the battery very well before you buy it. Think carefully about the price value and quality of a cell.
Remember that all the expensive batteries do not provide better service, and at the same time, all the low priced batteries are not inferior in quality and service. So select your battery wisely. 7. Buy from a well-known dealer:
When you are buying your product, it is essential from where you are getting the product. So make sure that you are getting it from a reputed dealer.
If you are buying your product online, then notice that the website is accessible, and it has listed certified salespeople.
You must remember to buy your product from trusted sales associates or sites who have gained the belief of the customers in their previous dealings.
8. Storage Process:
If you do not like to use your golf cart for the year-round, then you have to keep it in the store. So carefully notice the storage process of the battery that you are going to buy.
Be sure that how you should store your battery to keep it useable for the next season.
There are some best golf cart batteries of the present time that have illustrated in detail.
10. NICHE Battery for YTX20HL AGM Sealed Maintenance Free 310CCA 12V Factory Activated ATV UTV Snowmobile BRP CAN-AM SKI-DOO
1. The Weize 12V 35AH is a Rechargeable SLA Deep Cycle AGM Battery Replaces 12 Volt 33AH, 34AH, 36AH; Review:
Weize 12V 35AH is a rechargeable S.L.A. Deep Cycle A.G.M. Battery replaces 12 Volt 33AH, 34AH, 36AH is a heavy-duty battery with a calcium-alloy grid.
The A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mate) technology of the battery with a valve regulated design provides superior performance for thousands of models.
It comes to the market with one year warranty and 30 days replacement. The most crucial side of the battery is that it does not cause any harm to our environment.
- Voltage: 12 Volt
- Amperage: 35 A.H.
- Chemistry: A.G.M. Sealed Lead Acid
- Battery Dimension is: 7.68 in x 5.12 in x 7.09 in
- Weight of the battery: 23 Lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year with 30 days Return Policy.
- LFP1235 is a Sealed Lead Acid Rechargeable and Maintenance-Free battery;
- Size of the battery: 7.68 x 5.12 x 7.09 inches.
- Quantity is: 1 Battery
- Suitable with 24 Volt Electric Wheelchair, if put two batteries in series, it could get 24V Voltage.
- Depending on the Devices; It May Need to Put More Together to Get Enough Voltage or Capacity, to be used for various purposes.
- The battery replaces 31Ah 32Ah 33Ah 34Ah 36Ah MX-123 MX-12310 ES33-12 PS33-12D CSB GP12340 BP35-12 CLTXPA1235C TR35-12 U1-35.
- Light Weight
- No Maintenance
- Friendly to the environment
- A little bit expensive.
The Trojan 6 Volt T – 105 is a popular deep cycle battery. It is a flood leaded and premium battery. It is the latest ergonomic battery for the golf carts.
This battery comes with a dimension of 10.4 * 7.1 * 10.7 inches and has a lighter weight of 64 pounds only. There is a combination of Alpha Plus, T2, and Trojan grid technology, which has given more extended durability and has made less its maintenance.
It can be used as both house motor and vehicle battery. Though it is a small battery in size, its performance is excellent. It is a long-lasting battery with high quality.
It is a lightweight battery so that it can carry the battery everywhere you need without any effort.
- Dimensions: 7.11 x 10.3 x 11.07
- Weight: 62lb
- Amps: 225Ah
- Terminal posts:3 types — low profile, high profile and automobile post (all embedded)
- Multiple terminal types;
- Increased output;
- Strong and reliable power;
- Light Weight;
- High performance;
- Small in size.
- Various terminal types allow for maximum compatibility.
- Easy to carry.
- Longer durability.
- Not easy to maintain.
The Universal Power Group (U.P.G.) UBGC8 8 Volt 200 AH is a popular Deep Cycle A.G.M. Sealed Battery for golf cart. This battery comes with A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mate) technology. It is 10.23″ x 7.08″ x 10.67″ in size and its weight is about 80 lbs.
This battery is a valve regulated, and its spill-proof construction helps for safe operation at any position. This battery has an easy installation process and can be used for multiple purposes. It has a high-quality battery and leakage proof.
It does not require any maintenance. This battery has a dual-purpose design for float and cycle vehicles. It is a long-lasting battery with a one year warranty.
- Contained Battery Type-Lead Acid
- Dimensions (L x W x H)-10.23 x 7.08 x10.47 inches
- Dual-Purpose design with Deep Cycle service and High-Performance rating
- Self-discharge for every month is less than 2%.
- Maintenance Free
- Valve Regulated
- Float and Cycle Use
- High Discharge Rate
- Absorbed Glass Mat technology
- Leakage Proof
- High-quality battery
- It does not require a specialized battery charger like GEL CELL batteries.
- Easy Installation;
- Dual Purpose Design;
- Multiple Use;
- Maintenance Free;
- One year warranty.
- Somewhat over weighty.
The Odyssey PC680 is a popular golf cart battery. It comes with pure lead plates, and its non-spillable A.G.M. design is protective of shock and vibration. It is a long-lasting battery for multiple uses.
This battery has high conductivity; corrosion-resistant tin-plated brass terminals, high integrity terminal seal; a sealed design helps gases to be recycled internally during operation or charging.
It has a safety relief valve per cell and secure inter-cell connections to prevent vibration damage. It is a powerful battery with 40% more capacity.
It is suitable in both extreme heat and cold temperatures. It is very light in weight so that it can be carried everywhere easily.
- Pulse (5-second) Hot Cranking Amps (PHCA)-520
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA)-170
- 20Hr Nominal Capacity (Ah)-16
- Reserve Capacity Minutes-24
- Dimensions of the battery is- L x W x H (in) 7.15 x 3.00 x 6.65
- Metric Dimensions- L x W x H (mm)-181.5 x 76.3 x 167.8
- Weight (lbs)-15.4
- Superior craftsmanship;
- Rigorously tested;
- High-quality parts;
- Longer service life (3-10 years);
- Long-lasting (70% longer lasting than conventional batteries);
- No need to recharge up to 2 years;
- Faster recharge capability (100% in 4-6 hours);
- 2 in 1 battery (can deep cycle and provides enormous cranking power);
- Superior cranking power (even in -40°F low temperature);
- Mounting flexibility;
- Vibration resistance;
- Extreme tolerance to temperature -40°C (-40°F) to 45°C (113°F);
- Improved safety process (no acid spills, no gases escaping).
- High Quality;
- Brand New;
- 100% Compatibility;
- No maintenance;
- Fast rechargeable;
- High safety;
- Longer voltage stability;
- 3-10 years of servicing life;
- Two years are replacing the warranty.
- Non- returnable policy.
The sealed DCM0035 is a Lead Acid, A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mate) Deep Cycle battery. This sealed battery is a non-lithium one. It is a very lightweight battery of 23 pounds only.
It can be used for multiple purposes. It is a longer-lasting battery and does not need any repair or maintenance. This battery is spill-proof and well designed to tolerate vibration.
So, it will be a reliable choice for distance going. It is a 12-volt battery and delivers 35AH of power, thus become a great choice of a power source.
- 12 Volts /35 AH
- Dry cell battery
- Weighs 23.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 5.2 x 6.3 inches
- Contained battery
- A.G.M. technology
- Compact Design;
- Lightweight (weighs 23 pounds only);
- Measurement 7.7 inches in length, making it one of the smallest deep cycle batteries available;
- A.G.M. battery requires no maintenance;
- It charges quickly, so can be used anytime;
- It is safe to mount in any position and at any angle;
- Protecting with a durable plastic case;
- It is fitted with a small carry handle for simple portability;
- The smallest deep cycle battery;
- Very small in size;
- Light Weight;
- Easy to carry;
- Great performance;
- Compact Design;
- It is durable and can handle the bumps and bruises of regular use;
- A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mate) battery;
- Leakage proof and safe;
- Can be charged quickly
- With a 45-day money-back guarantee and one year of warranty coverage.
- Small in size and maybe not as reliable as an abundant power source.
The Kangaroo Golf Caddy is a popular High Capacity Replacement Battery. It is a compatible, high-quality rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Battery that designed to provide excellent performance, durability, and long-time service.
To get the longest storage time, charge to full then disconnect the battery from the system. This process will keep the discharge rate low and allow for more extended storage when you are getting ready for the next season after prolonged storage.
Don’t forget to charge to the full before first use again. Do not discharge the battery to clear any memory effect. There is no memory effect in this battery.
The more often you entirely remove the battery, the less battery life you’ll have in the long run.To get the most life span of your golf cart battery, make sure to charge the battery frequently.
If possible, charge after each use. Don’t leave your golf caddy battery in a discharged state for a long time. Charge often to get the most extended battery life.
- Brand- Mighty Max Battery
- Model- ML35-12GEL177
- Contained Battery Type- Lead Acid
- Manufacturer Part Number- ML35-12GEL177
- Product Weight- 23.15 lbs
- Product Dimensions (L x W x H)- 7.68 x 5.16 x 7.13 Inches
- A deep cycle battery that can be mounted in any position;
- Resists shocks and vibration;
- Long-lasting high performance in high and low temperature;
- Battery Dimensions are: 7.68 inches x 5.16 inches x 7.13 inches;
- Factory activated G.E.L. battery;
- Rechargeable maintenance-free battery;
- Replacement Battery;
- Nut and Bolt Terminals;
- Volts: 12 A.H.: 35 A.H.;
- Length: 7.68 Width: 5.12 Height: 7.2 Lbs: 25.8;
- Warranty for one year.
- Rechargeable battery;
- Durable and long-lasting;
- Deep Cycle Battery;
- Suitable for high and low temperature;
- Have to recharge frequently to keep the battery active.
ACDelco ATX20LBS is a high-performance A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mat) sealed battery. It ha very popular for its performance. It is a durable and affordable s a heavy-duty battery. ACDelco ATX20LBS is another best golf cart batteries for golfers golf cart.
This battery is long-lasting and can be used for various purposes. Indeed it is a maintenance-free battery. Its installation process is somewhat tricky, but surely it an excellent battery.
If you are ready to ignore the tricky installation, then undoubtedly you will get a superb array that will offer you service for a long time at a reasonable price.
Which has cold-cranking amperage too, and this battery is very light in weight. So it can be carried easily everywhere.
- Acid Included: Yes
- Battery Type: Lead Acid Battery
- Battery Usage: Powersports Battery
- Cold Cranking Amperage: 270 A
- Cranking Amps: 300 A
- Height: 6.1 in
- Length: 6.89 in
- Maintenance Free: Yes
- Voltage: 12 v
- Weight: 13 lbs
- Width: 3.43 in1.
- This battery is shipped dry with a separate acid pack and requires an initial charge before instillation which gives the product longer shelf-life;
- There is a convenient acid bottle for the correct amount of acid for the battery, so no leftover acid to be disposed of;
- A.G.M. (Absorbed Glass Mat) design makes the battery spill-proof and eliminates water loss; this is a sealed battery;
- Maintenance-Free Battery- No liquid required once the battery is sealed;
- Excellent cranking performance.
- Fit for almost all motorcycles
- Easy to recharge
- Best reasonable price
- Fast charging process
- Longer Lasting.
- Not Functional always as the installation is tricky
The Lifeline Marine A.G.M. Battery has been designed for the marine market products only but entirely usable by the Golf Community.
This battery is hand-made in the U.S.A. and approved by U.S. Coast Guard for use in U.S. Military vehicles. It is a deep cycle battery and extremely durable. The high charge efficiency design and easy use make the battery very desirable to the users.
It has a longer lifespan, and it is leakage proof. It provides an extensive travel opportunity to the users with its 220AH capacity at a 20- hour rate.
With all its unique qualities, it has achieved considerable popularity among the users.
- Life Cycle: – 750 cycles
- Voltage: – 6 volts
- Amperage: – 220 AH
- Warranty: – 5-year warranty
- Battery Type: – A.G.M. battery
- Measurements: – 10.28 inches long, 7.06 inches wide and 9.92 inches high
- Weight: – 66 pounds
- Cold Cranking Amps: 68°F 1095, 32° 925, 0° 750
- The Lifeline GPL-4CT has been manufactured, especially for the deep-cycle applications.
- Lifeline batteries are approved by US Coast Guard and hand-made in the U.S.A.
- The preferred battery for both Recreational Vehicles and Marine applications.
- The Lifeline batteries pass demanding mil spec requirements as they are onboard numerous U.S. Military Vehicles.
- Designed to deliver industry-leading reserve capacities and life-cycle capabilities.
- All Lifeline batteries are backed with an industry-leading five years warranty.
- Need minimal maintenance.
- A quite affordable price range.
- This battery is useful for both Float and Cycle Use.
- It is Spill Proof/ Leak Proof.
- Fast charging process.
- Longer lifespan.
- No sulfation.
- Easy to use
- High charge efficiency design
- Resistant to vibrations
- 750 life cycles
- A little bit Heavy.
VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225AH is a popular A.G.M. (Absorbent Glass Mat) battery for multiple uses. It is a durable and technically advanced battery. VMAXTANKS 6 Volt 225AH is another Best Golf Cart Batteries for golf cart.
It has an electrolyte suspension system and completely free from contaminating gel, like silica. It has excellent popularity for its continuous, high-quality performance.
It is maintenance-free and can be discharged and recharged without any interruption of its function. Of course, it has a long-lasting life span.
- Dimensions- 9.5 x 7.3 x 11
- Weight- 72lb
- Amps- 225Ah
- Terminal posts- 8mm (included)
- Item measurements are: 9.5 inches x 7.3 inches x 11 inches
- Warranty for one year
- It offers Float Service Lifespan with the most extreme life running from 8 years to 10 years.
- It is exceedingly solid and substantial batteries that create a 6V voltage for running your golf Cart.
- It has lead-tin combinations which give them additional exhibition edge to work phenomenally on a buoy or cyclic applications.
- Best to be utilized with an assortment of engine worked gadgets, including Golf Carts, sunlight based vitality, and wind vitality gadgets.
- Can be fitted to many applications
- Many recharging options
- Strong amperage
- Reasonable price
- Ease to Use;
- Maintenance Free;
- Long lifespan of 8-10 years.
- Support free batteries, no water refilling, or checking the electrolyte gravity.
- Solid in construction
- The life span is 8-10 years.
- Needs to be frequently charged with the brand charger
- Heavyweight battery.
YTX20HL is an A.G.M. Sealed battery with advanced technology. This battery gets full charge while they are getting packed, and they are ready for immediate use. YTX20HL is one of the Best Golf Cart Batteries of the market.
There is no use of any messy acid to work with and no worries for spillage or corrosion.
Surely it is a maintenance-free battery with an extended life span. It can resist extreme cold, heat, and vibration. It is a superb battery with 30 months of warranty (first six months for replacement and following 24 months for a 50% prorate).
- Length- 6 7/8
- Width- 3 7/16
- Height- 6 1/8
- Weight- 14.3
- Shipping Weight (lb.)- 15
- DC Output Voltage- 12 V
- Amp/Hr- 18
- C.C.A.- 300
- OEM Ref- YTX20L-BS, YB16L-B, YB16HL-A-CX,
- Charged- Ready to Install
- A.G.M. Battery ships charged and ready to install
- Maintenance Free Sealed design
- No liquid acid, so zero corrosion
- Absorbed Glass Mat technology
- Resists extreme vibration and heat
- Meager self-discharge rate
- Extra heavy-duty terminal design
- The latest High- Performance version of this battery offering a respectable 300 CCA.
- High-quality battery.
- Properly charged battery, so these batteries will not vent to the atmosphere, meaning less corrosion at the terminals.
- ISO 9001 Certified.
- Extremely freeze resistant.
- Extended life cycle.
- More than two years of replacement warranty.
- High-quality battery
- Cold, heat, and vibration resistant
- Extra heavy-duty terminal design
- A.G.M. technology
- Maintenance-freeCan be used instantly
- Reasonable price
- No drawbacks found yet.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.):
Question: When should I recharge my battery?
Answer: You should recharge your battery between 90-50 percent of its capacity and when you will be left for more than 30 days.
Question: How often should I add water?
Answer: It is better to check the water level every 30 days until you can establish a pattern of water use. You should remember that the use of hot water and frequent recharge can increase the consumption of water.
Question: What is the correct level of water?
Answer: ¼ inches above the lead plates, which are visible in the water, is the correct water level to fill the hole. The extra water level can make the water acidic and can damage the trays of the battery.
Question: Can old battery affect performance?
Answer: Yes, an old battery can enormously affect the performance of your cart and can diminish the capacity and function of the cart.
Question: Can a dead battery be revived?
Answer: It depends on the number of damages, a battery can take some charge, but a damaged battery actually cannot be revived.
Question: Can I use mains electricity to charge my battery?
Answer: Yes, you can. Though the batteries work better with solar power, you can use mains power too. For this work, you just need to get a charger with an A.G.M. setting, preferably with a microprocessor, then it will automatically sort out the best charge.